Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading???

What with working full-time hours and trying to workout 1-2 hours a day (I've been doing the Insanity workout program from Beach Body and YES it is as insane as they make it out to be) I haven't exactly had the time to keep up with my reading. I'm starting to feel the pressure as I've got quite a few Book Tours coming through during this week and next and I feel like I haven't gotten everything in order like it should be! Nevertheless, I am going to try and get caught up with everything this week and hopefully pull out of the rut that I've been in. SO without further ado here's what I plan on reading!


Finished Last Week:


Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Jack Tumor by Anthony McGowan
Luna by Julie Ann Peters

Of the above three, I think the one I liked most was Poison Study by Maria V.Snyder. It seems to be more of a historical fiction at first, but one that is completely original. I have NEVER read a book about the food tasters. I thought it was really cool and unique and I was pleasantly surprised that the minimal use of magic did not leave me bored like a lot of historical fiction does. I was caught up with the politics and the romance and just castle life, along with the few minor influxes of magic to make it that much more interesting. I can't WAIT to get my hands on Magic Study (book 2) and I can't even wait to order it from Amazon so I'm picking it up from the Library today!



Books I Want To Read This Week
Magic Study by Maria V.Snyder
Mainspring by Jay Lake


Fairystruck by J.L.Bryan

The Vengeance of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater
Obviously I'm really excited for Magic Study...but I'm also in a SUPER steampunk mood lately so I can't wait to start Mainspring either. I really need some good reading time so I hope I get the chance this week. What are you guys reading this week???

6 comments:

  1. I like a touch of magic realism in books too just to keep things interesting.

    Great job with the workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it refreshing to read a book about something you've never read before. I'm reading a book now about a bike tour - never thought it would appeal to me but I'm LOVING it!! :)

    Have a great reading week! What are YOU reading @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Luna with my daughter, years ago, and really liked it. I especially liked the brother/sister relationship and how it evolved. Poison Study sounds fascinating. I've never read anything about food tasters either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember I was blown away by Poison Study. Yelena and Valek--! You just have to love them! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the Insanity! My husband bought us a similar workout program, which we will be starting soon. I am nervous, but I hope we get good results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job considering your work and workout schedule. I've only been able to complete a book a week for the last month. Insanity is rough. I completed it last spring and now I'm doing a P90X/Insanity/Jillian Michaels Shred hybrid. All Insanity, all the time robs me of my will to live :)

    ReplyDelete