Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Morning Lovelies! What a wonderful day and hopefully an amazing start to a fabulous week! Last week was a big downer for me. Not only didn't I get a lot of books read, but I had probably the worst day at work in my entire life. I also missed out on meeting up with my man-friend because he went to LA...he works for the airport so he spends weeks at a time at LAX or in JFK or Newark, N.J...big downer for my...*ahem* happy times with him. BUT this week I'm making sure I make everything better. Hopefully plans will work out.
Finished Last Week:
Like I said, Not much was read last week. I finished these three over the weekend, and they were fabulous. My Soul to Take is SUCH an original Paranormal YA and I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill you is a Spy-romp into the world of prep school that had me laughing the entire time. My plan for this week is to continue both series (as those two are both books 1 in a looonnggg series) and then hopefully get some of my backed up NetGalley ebooks off the table
Those ebooks will hopefully include:
Self-professed nerd Maddie Maloney is an expert on jewels. Jewel thieves are another matter entirely! So when a mysterious Englishman warns her that a thief known as The Chameleon is after the rare pink diamond on display in her aunt's shop, she tells herself it's just a joke. Even if she can't get Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome out of her mind...But Fabian Montgomery doesn't give up easily. He's everywhere she goes, convinced the thief will strike. And when the diamond does go missing-and Maddie is suspected of stealing it-he whisks her away from the police and together they pursue The Chameleon.Fabian plunges her into a glamorous world far from her humble workshop and transforms geeky Maddie into a sophisticated siren capable of espionage. Her mission: to seduce The Chameleon and steal back the diamond.But Fabian isn't telling her everything-like who he works for, and why he's so interested in The Chameleon..

In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous. Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves. One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens...

Those two are just a couple of the books I'm trying to knock off the TBR, but I'm the most excited about them! My goal is actually one ebook and half of one print book a day, so that I can get caught up on my ARC's and not fail at them like I have been in the past....there's just so many books I actually have been looking forward to that I want to get caught up on when I have tons of review request books waiting...*sigh* Oh well...off to work! Let's hope this week goes better than the last shall we??

No comments:

Post a Comment