Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists, and I myself love lists as well. Everyone is welcome to join in, and don't worry if you can't think of 10 - just do as many as you can. And of course, be sure to link back to TBATB (and leave me a link here too!) on your post!

Top Ten Authors I wish Would Write another Book

Jane Austen
Jane is the ONLY classical author that I have any success reading. I suppose its because I'm s sappy-mushy-romantically inclined fool at heart....but let me tell you...if you love the twilighty kind of "I'll love you until we both DIE" angsty "I love you but we cant be together" *SOB* You should try Jane Austen's Persuasion. SO effing angsty...but I loved it. I love all things Jane...the movies, the fan-fictionalized remakes...everything.

George Martin.
I have a feeling Mr. Martin will be on a lot of people's lists. I love it when authors are successful in their lives and careers and such...as long as it doesn't interfere with MY reading schedule! lol. It drives me absolutely crazy when an author says they will have a new book on a certain date, and then falls through. I get that deadlines are crazy and you want the story to be great...but COME ON...either say "I don't know when I'l be finished" or don't say anything at all! Martin has failed to complete the next volume of The Song of Ice and Fire series at ALL within the last few years.

J.K. Rowling
I'm not saying that she should write another Harry Potter book...as much as I would so totally love that...but she is SUCH a great writer and I enjoy her work so much that I would ADORE anything she puts out. I know she has a boy-detective series in the works but she is so overshadowed by the awesome behemoth that is Harry Potter, she doesn't seem to want to release it because she's afraid it might not measure up. Still...even if she released it under another pen name until it stood on it's own...I REALLY want to read more J.K. Rowling
That's really it...There are so many books out there that I haven't read yet that I can barely even consider books that aren't written that will never be written, that I will never be able to read.  It makes me sad to think about books that I can't read...I don't like thinking about it...it hurts my heart. 

6 comments:

  1. There are so many books out there there's no way I could come up with too many authors to add to this list. I do agree J K Rowling should write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a hard list for me as well. I completely agree about JK Rowling...I would read anything that lady writes no matter what the genre!

    Jennifer
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-8-authors-i-wish-would.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Rowling needs to write another series. I have her on my list too.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-tuesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane Austen!! You can never have to much Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list! (I removed last comment because I realized I did put J.K. Rowling on my list. Lol. My memory is terrible.)

    ReplyDelete