Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Prince Ren



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader. Its a chance to pay homage to the hotties that haunt the pages of the novels we love. The men who stay in our thoughts late at night, who plague us during our long hours at work, who cause us to stare off into the starry night and sigh, because we want them here with us. Yes ladies, its the Book Boyfriend.
~~~
This week's book boyfriend is: 
Ren from Colleen Houck's Tiger's Curse Series!
Stats:
Name: Diren (Ren)
Title: Crown Prince 
Age: 20 (for 300+ years)
Eyes: Deep Cobalt Blue
Build: Tall, and Lightly Muscled 
Race: Indian/Japanese
Afflictions: Turns into a Tiger for all but 24 minutes of the day
Associates: A potentially evil brother who also turns into a tiger; Kelsey: "The Chosen One" to lift his curse; Mr. Kadam: a servant and friend who was also frozen from aging..though he doesn't change into a Tiger...


Descriptions:
"The white shirt he wore was unbuttoned at the neck. It set off his golden-bronze skin and his brilliant white smile, making him positively lethal to any woman who might cross his path. He’s like…like James Bond, Antonio Banderas, and Brad Pitt all rolled into one." -Tiger's Curse 

"He looked young, in his early twenties. He was taller than me by a head and had a strong, well-developed trim body that was clothed in loose white cotton garments. His long-sleeved shirt was untucked and carelessly buttoned, revealing a smooth, well-built golden-bronze chest. His lightweight pants were rolled at the ankles, emphasizing his bare feet. Glossy black hair swept away from his face and curled slightly at the nape of his neck. His eyes were what riveted me the most. They were my tiger’s eyes, the same deep cobalt blue." -Tiger's Curse 
As some of you know, I had a few misgivings about the series at first. For the first 100 pages or so of Tiger's Curse, I wasn't a very big fan. Well. That was because until that point, Ren had remained a Tiger, and I didn't get a chance to experience the amazing awesomeness that is Ren. He started to steal my heart from the moment he started protecting Kelsey, and just grew on me for the rest of the book. He's one of those characters that sneak up on you. His fierce protection of Kelsey was totally adorable, and he is confident without being an asshole. Gotta love him. You find yourself daydreaming about him at work and inexplicably hot and sweaty even though you're working in a freezer...wait, what? No of course that didn't happen to me...

“His eyes drifted leisurely back up to my face and he smiled at me appreciatively, 'Kelsey, when a man spends time with a beautiful woman, he needs to pace himself.' I quirked my eyebrow at him and laughed. 'Yeah, I’m a regular marathon alright.' He kissed my fingers. 'Exactly. A wise man never sprints…in a marathon.'"
"He leaned in close and whispered in my ear, "I know what you're thinking, and I'm not going to let you escape again. You can either take a seat and have dinner with me like a normal date," he grinned at his word choice, "or," he paused thoughtfully then threatened, "you can sit on my lap while I force-feed you.” 
There are many different types of kisses. There's a passionate kiss of farewell like the kind Rhett gave Scarlett when he went off to war. The kiss of I-can't-be-with-you-but-I want-to-be---like Superman and Lois lane, There's the first kiss---one that is gentle and hesitant, warm and vulnerable. Then there's he kiss of possession---which was how Ren kissed me now."
For my Ren: I picked Sahid Kapoor. Mr. Kapoor is a gorgeous and delicious specimen of the male species, as well as a fantastic Bollywood actor. He apparently struggled to become an actor, but I say it was worth it. Especially if those struggles resulted in those tasty looking muscles...yummmm. He has yet to branch out of Bollywood, but I for one will be waiting in line for any movie he decides to do over here. Tiger indeed....grawwrrr..
It went beyond passion, beyond desire. His kiss was full of longing, need, and love, like all those other kisses. But, it was also filled with promises and pledges, some of which seemed sweet and tender while others seemed dangerous and exciting. Ren was taking me over like he was staking a claim.
So the delicious Sahid combo Ren is this week's book boyfriend. The body of a 17 year old and a real age of  300...every cougar's dream :) lol. What do you think of my fantastic Indian Prince?


13 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm so curious about this series. I've heard such different things - a couple of people have told me they love, love, love it and others have said it's like Twilight with tigers, and not in a good way - they say the heroine is worse than Bella, which kinda puts me off. Glad you enjoyed it in the end, though. I'll get to it eventually. Ren definitely seems sexy, and that actor you've cast looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I'd proceed with caution for this series...I myself was really irritated with it for the first 100-150 pages or so. But as the plot picked up and got more reasonable, I found myself thinking about it while at work or school, and drove myself crazy because I just HAD to know how it ended and what happened...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series but I hear it is awesome! Glad to know there is a super hot character too. I must read! Great pics :-)

    Check Out My Book Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I just got to read this series. Ren has totally taken me over and I haven't even read the book.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard fabulous things about this series! I'm intrigued by the fact that he is only human for 24 minutes a day...original idea! That actor is some kinda hotness as well.

    Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-book-boyfriend-17-judd-lauren.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy man meat!!! I'd like him to feed me anytime! LOL

    Thanks for picking Sahid. That man is beautiful, and sadly, I hadn't heard of him until today! But now I need to google him.

    I've heard a lot about this book from Diana over at The Perfect Getaway! It's been on my wishlist ever since. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, that last quote has me melting in my chair.

    I'm definitely going to have to give this book a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh this sounds heavenly and those pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ............. Sorry for the delay in comment. I had to pick myself off the floor because I swooned. Awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of book! I need to check it out...who can actually resist those quotes? Great choice!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spit out my coffee scrolling down to find Sahid Kapoor in your post. UNF!
    I started the series but had hard time getting into them :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my.. this guy is hot. I barely could take my eyes off him and read the stats.
    And then.. well, thanks for the kissing lesson, LOL
    Happy midnight reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh ok, Ren seems pretty hot! I like him :) I should read this book! :) Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete