Sunday, July 17, 2011

Top 5 Sundays (2)

Hey y'all. It's time for the Top 5 Sunday!! Woo! This is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous Larissa of Larissa's Bookish Life and it's fun and awesome so you should check out her site and join in on the fun. Basically there is a subject for the week, and you name your top five in that category. Usually it is bookish type things and its just a fun way to get to know followers, other bloggers, and all those other random people checking out the Blog circuit.
Today's topic/theme is :Underrated Authors!!!
Take a moment and think about your top 5 underrated authors. They can be the ones whose series has been cancelled halfway through, someone no one else has ever heard of, or someone who really just doesn't get the credit that you think they deserve.
1. L.A. Meyer.
  • If you read my blog at all, then you know of my undying love for L.A. Meyer's Bloody Jack series. In my opinion, it gives even Harry Potter a run for it's money in the best YA series category.I think the reason for Meyer's anonymity is that he uses a very small publisher, does not tour, and to my knowledge, doesn't have a site or blog that he keeps updated. Yet the books are simply amazing, and there are so few book bloggers who have even heard of them. I'm out to promote promote promote because the series has only gotten better as it goes along and I think everyone deserves to read such good books. 
  • J.L Bryan writes pretty much everything. His Jenny Pox series is fantastic. Probably one of the most original paranormal stories I've ever read. He writes paranormal, horror, sci-fi, and pretty much everything else and he can do it in a way that has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. The Haunted Ebook was very graphic, but it was amazing. The villains in everything I read of his have such depth of character. Ashleigh Goodling is seriously as horrible as Professor Umbridge and Voldemort combined. *shudders*There is nothing as disappointing as a stupid villain, and J.L really understands this, and makes sure that his villains have as much, if not more, substance as his main characters. 
3. Tamora Pierce
  • Ms. Pierce is a fantastic author. Her work list speaks for herself. She has five successful fantasy quartets, a trilogy, a duet, and several stand alone books all set in the worlds of Summersea and Tortall. I have had a thing for her books ever since I was 11 and I still buy everything she puts out. Yet, she is typically underrated. I have yet to see her on many blog sites despite her spectacular resume, and the fact that everything she has written is basically amazing. 
I really can't think of any other authors right now that would qualify as underrated. Most of my favorites seem to be everyone's favorites as well. So. Good. Fantastic. Happy Sunday everyone! 

XOXO
~Andra~




1 comment: