Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading???


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where you share what you've read this past week, what you hope to read this week, what you're currently reading…. and anything in between!  :D  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

THIS is what I have been up to for the last week...


Well, I haven't really been around the blog too much last week. I am currently still working full time, and am trying to move out of my apartment by July 31st and into my house by August 1st. In addition, I have to drive 2 hours to get to either of them, and have to move a crap ton of things from my parents house where I've been staying for the past 2 months. So I haven't had a LOT of time for reading...but I did manage to squeeze in quite a bit during my breaks at work and listening to audio books and such during my drives.

Finished:
I read the first Night Huntress book by Jeaniene Frost last week, but then this week kind of went crazy because I love love LOVED them so much so I read the next three. I still can't believe I waited so long to read this series. They have moved to the very top of my TBR pile and I can barely put them down. I've been driving the boyfriend crazy because I'd rather spend time with Cat and Bones than him..lol.

I also finished Night Runner by Max Turner and am currently about halfway through the next book in the series (?) End of Days. It is an interesting take on vampires that kind of reminds me of a slightly older version of the Chronicles of Vladimir Todd. I'll be posting a review soon. :) Then to completely change things up, I started on The Duff. It was FANTASTIC. It will probably be a 9 or 10 star review. I have been pleasantly surprised with YA contemporary lately and DUFF was no exception.

I am going to start the first of the Night Huntress spinoff series about Denise later today, after I finish End of Days. I also started The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. It's actually a re-read, but I remember that when I read it about a year ago, I hated it because I thought it was a stand alone novel and the ending was so depressing I literally had to go for some retail therapy at my mall. Now that I know that it is part of a series, I can hope for the better lol.

So....What Are YOU Reading???






No comments:

Post a Comment